Big, bright room in South London flatshare
I'm looking for a flatmate to share a nice, big Peckham flat from mid-June. Myself, I'm a 32-year old professional, working in a digital agency in Southwark. I get out fairly regularly in the week, usual museums/shows/galleries stuff and tend to socialise in East London mostly.
I maintain a fairly balanced and joyful life between socialising / gym / work / contemplative time, so when I'm home it's usually about relaxing, cooking, reading and the like. I do love cooking at home at often as I can and get Ocado grocery delivery - worth sharing if anyone's interested.
All the sensible sort of stuff: preferably a professional, a relaxed, positive, considerate, tidy and sociable person who generally chills at home and parties elsewhere. You can be straight / queer / whatever and any gender, but are at the very least gay-friendly. You don't mind occasionally cooking together or sharing the odd glass of wine and film, but appreciate your alone time.
Ideally looking for a longer term let who'd treat the place like home, but a short-term situation could be fine if all else fits.
- Rent is £575. With council tax + bills (utilities/broadband) it's ± £700/month total.
- Big, bright double bedroom with 3m high ceilings, huge windows and laminate floors. Unfurnished, though there's a cupboard for clothes and maybe shelving/storage if needed.
- Really spacious factory conversion with high ceilings, big windows, large lounge area and kitchen.
- Two bathrooms with bath and shower, plus a washing machine and room for storage. My room has an ensuite, but separate bathroom in hallway would basically be yours.
- Outside space with a picnic table and BBQ. Bit neglected (*cough*dead geraniums*cough*) and would be great to turn it into a proper green area.
- Fast broadband and free international calls on landline.
- There's also a cat named Oscar. He's handsome and likes to snuggle. Fact.
- Peckham Rye rail station (zone 2) is less than a 10 min walk away. London Bridge (Jubilee & Northern lines) in 10 min, Victoria (Victoria, Circle & District lines) in under 15 min and Kings Cross/St. Pancras in under 25 min.
- New Cross overground to East is 15-20 min away and many night buses stop 2 min from the house as well.
Home for me is about: refuge, warmth, great conversation, welcoming others, quiet moments, clean not immaculate, good food, self-sufficiency, making stuff/life better (e. g. get some kind of garden going, optimise the good life), mindful space, considerate living, creative encounters.
Ahem. That last bit felt cheesy but necessary.
Get in touch and let's see if it works out!
This advert has expired
Sorry, the room is no longer available
Price & availability
New Flatmate preferences